Memorandum No. 2013-2014-05
February 4, 2014
MEMORANDUM TO: UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
FROM: LOURDESITA S. CHAN, CHAIR, UNIVERSITY RESEARCH COUNCIL (URC)
RE: CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The University Research Council with the approval of the University President announces the call for the submission of research proposals for funding support on the occasion of the Commemoration of the Bicentennial of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus.
All Jesuit Fathers and Brothers, other full-time faculty members, administrators and regular members of the non-teaching personnel are invited to submit a research proposal for review and approval of the University Research Council. Please refer to attached document for details.
For your information and guidance.
CALL FOR RESEARCH PROPOSAL
In Commemoration of the Bicentennial of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus
1. Mission & Identity
2. Jesuit Evangelization of Davao City
3. The Jesuit Stations of Mindanao (Late 19th c. –contemporary)
4. Missiology: Pre- and Post-Vatican II
5. Contribution of John Vianney Seminary to the Local Church
6. Jesuit Names in the Moon*
“It is strongly encouraged that researches should adopt culture and gender sensitivity and rights-based framework as cross-cutting themes.”
Review and Approval of Research Proposals
1. A submission of full blown proposal is required for application to this research grant.
2. The format of the full blown proposal shall be based on the APA Format set by the Graduate School of the University. It shall contain Title, Name/s of Proponent/s, Objectives, and Significance of the Study & Methodology. The proponent shall likewise describe the significance of the study relative to the specific purpose of this Call for Proposal.
3. The proposal shall be accompanied by the proponent’s recommendation regarding budget, fund source (if there are other sources), research load arrangements (e.g. loading equivalence, research leave), and work plan complete with time line or GANTT Chart. The proposal shall likewise be accompanied by the certification of immediate academic supervisor with notation from the Unit Head/ or the immediate supervisor with notation from the Director of HRMDO for the Non-teaching personnel pertinent to the availability of the concerned proponent to undertake the research.
4. The criteria for assessment of the proposal include: Relevance of the topic to the specific purpose of this Call for Proposal, Appropriateness of Methods, Technical Soundness, Compliance with Ethical Norms, Reasonability of budget and Capacity of proponent to accomplish research.
5. The full-blown proposal shall be submitted on or before March 4, 2014.
6. Review of Proposal is scheduled on March 12, 2014. Topics beyond specific competence of URC members and/or those that would require ethical reviews will be referred to rightful person/s or body for review.
7. The URC shall officially communicate to concerned persons outcome of deliberations in time for awarding of research grants on March 13, 2014. Awarded research grants shall be covered by a corresponding contract. Execution of such shall be initiated by the URC with the terms and conditions contained therein to be mutually agreed upon by parties involved. Review of the provisions of the Professional Service Contract (PSC) will be on March 17, 2014. Schedule for the awarding of the research grant will be announced to the successful grantees.
8. All submitted proposals shall be used solely for URC deliberation for the purpose of awarding the Research Grant on the occasion of the Commemoration of the Bicentennial of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus
9. All proposal/s shall be submitted to the URC both in soft and hard copy (duplicate). The soft copy shall be forwarded to the http://research.addu.edu.ph and or email@example.com
10. The hard copy shall be submitted to the Office of the University Research Services (OURS), Basement of Finster Building, Ateneo de Davao University, C.M. Recto St., Davao City.
*Strongly recommended for the Grade School Unit to Pursue